On Thursday 13 March 2008, Danis Petkakis wrote:
> "-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 5356 2008-02-03 22:47
> /usr/kde/3.5/bin/konqueror -rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 2106844 2008-03-07
> 21:28 /usr/bin/krusader"
>
> this is what 'ls' gives me for both applications...the access rights
> seem to
>
> be the same for both...

It's probably this:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ krusader /home/alan/
krusader: Unexpected argument '/home/alan/'.
krusader: Use --help to get a list of available command line options.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ krusader
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ~ $ krusader --help
Usage: krusader [Qt-options] [KDE-options] [options]

Krusader
Twin-Panel File Manager for KDE

Generic options:
  --help                    Show help about options
  --help-qt                 Show Qt specific options
  --help-kde                Show KDE specific options
  --help-all                Show all options
  --author                  Show author information
  -v, --version             Show version information
  --license                 Show license information
  --                        End of options

  --left <path>             Start left panel at <path>
  --right <path>            Start right panel at <path>
  --profile <panel-profile> Load this profile on startup

So it would appear that krusader doesn't start like a regular file
manager, and 'krusader %U' won't work.

Dunno why it won't launch from your terminal though, it does fine here
on mine. As a last grasp at straws, what's your output from

ldd /usr/bin/krusader

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com