On Thu, Mar 13, 2008 at 5:44 PM, Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Robert Stockdale IV wrote:
> >
> > Well I got it compiling. However it seems to die with errors with the
> > USE flag and FEATURES. It also will not take the multilib use flag. I
> > use the -uDNav option on emerge and multilib is shown as (-multilib).
> > How can I get it to show multilib* instead of (-multilib). Thank you.
> > Bob
>
> You should add multilib to your make.conf file USE flags.  If it is not
> a global need, put it in package.use.
>
> Question, are you new to Gentoo?  If you are, maybe we need to go more
> into detail here.
>
> Dale
>
> :-)  :-)
> --

multilib is in both /etc/make.conf and in /etc/portage/package.use.  In fact
this is the line I have in the package.use file for gcc:

=sys-devel/gcc-4.2.3 multislot multilib altivec build fortran nls nocxx doc
gcj gtk hardened libffi objc vanilla ip28 ip32r10k n32 n64 objc-gc mudflap
objc++  openmp -sandbox

No, I'm not entirely new to Gentoo. I just recently returned after
approximately 2 years with Ubuntu. I missed Gentoo and portage. Was
reintroduced to it with Sabayon Linux and just came back to full blown
Gentoo. Still a little rusty with portage and gcc. Should have stuck with
Gentoo all along.
Thank you,
Bob