I've got an old PII Intergraph TD-225 PC that I'm trying to install Gentoo
onto.  Bios is AMIBIOS.  The system supports dual CPU but only has one.

It currently has WinXP running on it fine.  But every Linux install/boot CD
I've run (Gentoo, CentOS, Knoppix, etc.) hangs while booting (2.4 and 2.6
kernels).

The last thing I see from the CentOS boot process is the following:

Checking 'hlt' instruction... OK.
SMP alternatives: switching to UP code
Freeing SMP alternatives: 14k freed
CPU0: Intel Pentium II (Klamath) stepping 03

Then it just hangs.  CD can pop out and everything.  Can anyone give me any
idea what's going wrong?

--
// Andrew MacKenzie  |  http://www.edespot.com
// GPG public key: http://www.edespot.com/~amackenz/public.key