On Tue, 2008-03-18 at 01:47 +0000, Stroller wrote:
> On 17 Mar 2008, at 18:10, James wrote:
> > Wear leveling is *probably* built into the IDE to CF converter
> > carrier board?
>
> Almost certainly not, I'd have thought. Aren't those boards just dumb
> pin-convertors? CF cards "talk" IDE.
>
> Stroller.

Yes  they are.

Another thought crossed my mind today: Does wear leveling work if I
create loopback devices (ext2-formatted) on FAT32?

By the way: Why is wear leveling filesystem-dependent anyway? I would
have thought it were working on blocks (like device mapper, cryptsetup,
lvm and so on) and not on files.