Hello.

Andrey Falko <ma3oxuct <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 3:40 PM, Michael Schmarck
> <michael.schmarck <at> habmalnefrage.de> wrote:
> > Good evening!
> >
> >  I've got a problem with media-sound/rhythmbox-0.11.2-r1 on
> >  my new ~x86 system. When I play an MP3 file, I see that rb
> >  progresses and when I turn on visualization, I see the sound.
> >  But I hear nothing at all :/
> >
> >  Any ideas about why that's so?
> >
> >  The volume slider in rb is all the way up. Also all the sliders
> >  in the mixer are all up. And when I use a different player,
> >  like Amarok, VLC or MPlayer, I hear sound when I play the song
> >  that's silent in Rhythmbox. This happens with all the songs
> >  I tried.
> >
> >  Well - what to do?
> >
> >  Thanks,
> >  Michael
> >
> Do you play sound with something else before running rhythmbox?

I don't quite understand - as I said, when I use something else,
like Mplayer, Xine or Amarok, I hear something. With Rhythmbox,
and also Totem as I just noticed, I hear nothing.

There's another problem: When I start gnome-volume-control, I get:

  No volume control GStreamer plugins and/or devices found

Hmm...

> What
> happens when you run rhythmbox after restarting alsa?

You mean after doing /etc/init.d/alsasound restart? Nothing
special happens - still beautiful silence :)

> Also does
> rhythmbox use alsa or oss?

I suppose alsa - I set USE=-oss in make.conf. How do I check?
gst-plugins-alsa is NOT installed.

Thanks so far,
Michael