<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > On Thursday 27 March 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >  > Hi
> >  >
> >  > I am running the command
> >  >
> >  > /usr/bin/rsync -avO /var/lib/mysql [EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/ >
> >  > /tmp/rsync-${TIMESTAMP}.log 2>&1

rsync should work with that setup, I don't know why you are getting
errors. I seriously recommend you take a close look at your permissions
for /var/lib/mysql though - you have it world-writeable - a big no-no

ACLs are working - the + at the end of the permissions in 'ls -l' proves
that.

I would be checking the individual files inside /var/lib/mysql/ and the
directory /var/lib itself.

Also, I don't know what (1) and (13) in the error logs means. It looks
like rsync result codes, but those numbers for rsync make no sense at
all in this context. Hopefully someone else reading this knows.

Finally, SELinux can do odd things like this, but it's errors are easy
to spot for what they are. Do you know what they look like, and do you
have SELinux enabled?

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com