On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:09:08 +0100, Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:

> I think it is no longer needed and udev should take care of all this. At
> last, I do not have hotplug nor coldplug and inserting/removing all usb
> devices, laptop modules, PCMCIAs works on runtime.

That's fine with most devices, but causes a problem with network
adaptors. No hotplug system can anticipate your removing the device and
unmount NFS shares before you do it, so the only safe way to remove a USB
NIC is to bring down the interface first.

--
Neil Bothwick

I used to have a handle on life, then it broke.