Hi list!

I think I have problems understanding the way /etc/conf.d/cryptfs works.

My goal is to open a Luks-mapping for /var with a gpg-encrypted file
on /boot and then open a mapping for /var/tmp with a plaintext file
on /var.

I thought it would work with the following settings:

/etc/conf.d/cryptfs

target=var
source='/dev/mapper/vg-crypt_var'
key='/boot/key.gpg:gpg'

target=var_tmp
source='/dev/mapper/vg-crypt_var_tmp'
key='/var/lib/tmp_key'

___________

/etc/fstab

/dev/mapper/var         /var            reiserfs [...]
/dev/mapper/var_tmp     /var/tmp        reiserfs [...]

I've read the warning in /etc/conf.d/cryptfs about /usr on a separate
partition and followed their advice.

However, the setup doesn't work. I'm not asked for the passphrase, the
mappings are not created. What did I forget?

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp