On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 14:02:38 +0200, Daniel Pielmeier wrote:

> But what is the difference between a "redundant entry" and an
> "uninstalled entry". As far as I see the matching criteria of both
> checks is a package which is not installed or in the database but in a
> package.* file.

Redundant is where the package is still available but the /etc/portage.*
entry is no longer needed. e.g. you have "dev-lib/foobar-1.1 ~x86" in
package.keyworkd but it is now stable.

Btw: eix-test-obsolete can not check for obsolete use-flags at the
> moment?

flagedit will warn if you have obsolete flags in /etc/portage
or /etc/make.conf.

--
Neil Bothwick

I have plenty of talent and vision. I just don't give a damn.