On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:20 AM, Etaoin Shrdlu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 April 2008, 14:52, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
>  > Hi,
>  >    I'm going to put Gentoo on my Mac Mini. No one ever uses the
>  > machine for anything. So much for OS X I suppose. Anyway, the 2008
>  > beta, located here:
>  >
>  > http://gentoo.osuosl.org/releases/ppc/2008.0_beta1/
>  >
>  > is 745MB which doesn't fit on 700MB CD-Rs I have. Are there CD-Rs
>  > larger than 700MB? I looked online anf everything seemed to be 700MB
>  > also.
>
>  I remember seeing and using 90-min (800MB) and even 100-min (900MB) CD-Rs
>  in the past. Of course, don't expect them to work on every CD reader. My
>  experience was that 800MB CD-Rs worked with most, but not all, CD
>  readers. The only 900MB CD-R I ever wrote filling it completely was not
>  readable by any CD reader among those I tried.
>  Don't know whether they can still be found nowadays, now that DVDs are
>  readily available.

Thanks. I'll check that out.

Do you know if it's legal to write a CD-R iso image to a DVD? I assume
it isn't.... (Guess I could just try it when I get a few minutes.)

In the short term the easist thing to do was to download the 2007.0
iso as it doesn't have this issue since it's smaller.

Thanks,
Mark