Hello.

ยท Eric Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Ok, so looking at your original post, gvfs, gnome-vfs, and seahorse were
> upgraded.

Yes.

> I'm not much of a gnome guy but I do know that apps do all
> sorts of strange stuff if I upgrade deps and don't restart them
> (forget).  When's the last time you restarted gnome / your box?

This morning. Yesterday, I upgraded stuff and then shut down my
machine. This morning I booted the machine.

> I know
> it's not the the NIX way to reboot when you can't fix it (as it usually
> doesn't fix the problem) but I'm running out of ideas

You're right - didn't fix it :)

It seems to me, as if some daemon or whatnot is not started.

It would be interesting for me, if any other Gnome users have
this problem as well. If not, it would be interesting to see
what daemons you've got running. The lsof output would be
very interesting!

Michael Schmarck
--
The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming dragon.