On Thursday 24 April 2008, KH wrote:
> > and then verify that you're getting what you want before emerging.
> > This way you know your changes will remain the next time you run
> > emerge uD world or update mplayer on its own.
> >
> > kashani
>
> I am really sorry for all this confusion I caused.

Don't be :-)

If this list is anything like hundreds of other similar lists on the
net, many many people will be reading this thread and learn something
they didn't know about USE and now know the OneTrueWay(tm) to use
portage.

You did them all a big favour, they just tend to take note and not
really announce that they too didn't know.

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com