On 6 May 2008, at 04:32, Chuck Robey wrote:
...  I've been trying
(with no success excepting this longshot, the Epson RX680), to get a Inkjet printer that has duplex (doublesided) printing to admit they have working Linux drivers (really, Gentoo ones). I've found both the Canon PIXMA (the MP830 and MX850 printers, and the HP C7280, but the Linuxprinting database shows no
support for those yet.  ...

Hi there,

I've got an older Canon inkjet printer, the Pixma iP300. I guess I don't use it that intensively, because ink cartridges last me about a year, but it has served me very well the last 3 years or so and now I always recommend Canon inkjets to my customers. I am very pleased with the output and the there is no electronics in the ink tanks, which are separate from the head; I believe the head can be replaced as a separate item, if necessary, but I have had no problems with mine.

The Pixmas seem to be well-supported on the Mac, and if I look at http://127.0.0.1:631 I find duplexing options there (for both short- and long-sided binding). Likewise /etc/cups/ppd/iP3000.ppd mentions these same duplexing options.

I don't know how much help this is to you, but if it helped you to choose Canon I would be pleased, because I have had nothing but satisfaction from their products.

Stroller.