On Thursday 08 May 2008, Andrey Falko wrote:
> On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> >  What should I do? May I get rid of foomatic package without gettindg
> > into trouble with cups?
> >  I guess I have to fill a bug report...
>
> I would try the following first:
>
> emerge -C foomatic-db-ppds
> emerge -uD world

I unmerged all ppd related packages and emerge -uaDv word came back with the
same message.  So, I decided to upgrade to ~x86 ppd packages:

net-print/foomatic-db-ppds-3.0.20080507
net-print/foomatic-db-engine-3.0.20080507

I am about to also upgrade:

net-print/foomatic-db-3.0.20070508

because cups wants to downgrade?!

[D] net-print/cups
 Installed versions:  1.2.12-r8

Strangely this is only evident when I use eix -l cups, not when I run
emerge -upDv world.

Then we'll see if I can print anymore . . .  o_O
--
Regards,
Mick