Crayon Shin Chan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Friday 09 May 2008, Mark Knecht wrote:
>
> > 1) Is there a way for me to read the bootable ISO image into a
> > directory on my machine
> > 2) Edit the files
> > 3) Make a new ISO image from the directory (mkisofs?)
> >
> >    This seems 'relatively' straight forward. I haven't built it yet
> > but I found isomaster in portage. Is it a good tool?
>
> Yes, you can do the above using isomaster:
>
> 1) mount the iso to get at the files for editing
> 2) edit files and save somewhere
> 3) open iso image using isomaster

I recommend to run "isodebug -i <filename>" to see the commandline the
original image has been created with in case it was mkisofs.

The boot image is usually visible from inside the ISO filesystem, so you
should be able to re-create a modified image from the unpacked oldd one.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)