-----Original Message-----
From: Ian Hilt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 11:03 PM
To: Gentoo-user List
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple error messages for each keystroke in
nano

>> On Fri, 16 May 2008 at 7:07pm -0700, Bob Young wrote:

>> I'm installing a new Gentoo box, and have the basic system installed (
>> without X ). The problem began after I completed a successful "emerge
>> -DuN world" The symptom is: when I start nano, (just nano by itself,
>> not editing a file), several hundred lines similar to the following
>> are spewed to the console:

> [...]

>> BTW, if I edit with vi.everything works fine, and of course typing at the
>> console works okay as well.

> What's the output of "emerge -vp nano"?

[ebuild R ] app-editors/nano-2.1.1 USE="debug ncurses nls spell
 unicode -justify -minimal -slang" 0kb

But your question made me wonder about the -DuN world, and in looking at the
build log, it appears during the update world, nano was in deed updated from
nano-2.0.2 to nano-2.1.1, and, the debug and spell USE flags were flipped.

Currently I'm emerging xorg, but after that finishes, I'll first try
flipping the debug and spell use flags back and see what that does.

Regards,
Bob Young