On Thursday 05 June 2008, Carter, Dwayne wrote:
> Mick,
>
> First of all, thanks for the quick response.  I ran the command already,
> but it seem that binaries and libraries are not broken.  Here is the output
> of the command:
>
> witney ~ # revdep-rebuild -X -p -v
> Configuring search environment for revdep-rebuild
>
> Checking reverse dependencies...
>
> Packages containing binaries and libraries broken by a package update
> will be emerged.
>
> Collecting system binaries and libraries... done.
>   (/root/.revdep-rebuild.1_files)
>
> Collecting complete LD_LIBRARY_PATH... done.
>   (/root/.revdep-rebuild.2_ldpath)
>
> Checking dynamic linking consistency...
>   broken /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_curses_panel.so (requires
> libpanelw.so.5) done.
>   (/root/.revdep-rebuild.3_rebuild)
>
> Assigning files to packages...
>   /usr/lib/python2.5/lib-dynload/_curses_panel.so -> dev-lang/python
>  done.

You seem to be running ~ARCH, so all things may not be plain sailing.  Just in
case, run python-updater 2.4 to update to your latest python (although the
ebuild would have done it automatically on its own these days).  If you have
resync'ed and ran revdep-rebuild then I don't really know what's the cause of
it, or how to fix it.  Others who are also running ~ARCH may have come across
it.  Any responses in the forums?
--
Regards,
Mick