Hi to all,
I managed to make Option Globetrotter Card working in Gentoo
with Gnome 2.20 , kernel gentoo-sources-2.6.25-r4 made with genkernel,
and gnome-ppp, this worked for Vodafone Greece,
modem=/dev/noz0in gnome-ppp username=vodafone,
password=vodafone,phone=*99***1#,DNS in automatic
in kernel compile enable the character device called HSDPA modem with
genkernel  - known name for it is nozomi,
then:
mknod /dev/noz0 c 241 0; mknod /dev/noz1 c 241 1
mknod /dev/noz2 c 241 2; mknod /dev/noz3 c 241 3
with next reboot and gnome-ppp net works!

I want also to add that I prefer to use these free DNS Servers
in /etc/resolv.conf:
nameserver 208.67.222.222
nameserver  208.67.220.220

bad news are my wvdial nozomi did not worked:
here is my wvdial.conf:
[Dialer Defaults]
Phone = *99***1#
Username = use
Password = pass
Stupid Mode = 1
Dial Command = ATDT
[Dialer nozomi]
Modem = /dev/noz0
Baud = 460800
Init2 = ATZ
Init3 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0

anyway I have a perfect - moveable linux laptop!
Thank y all!