Two problems along the same line.

After doing an "emerge -C cvs ssmtp" and "revdep-rebuild --ignore" it seems that there are still traces of the two programs around.

1) The cvs I removed because I want to try subversion, but when I do an "emerge -uDNp world" cvs shows in the list. The /var/lib/portage/world doesn't have cvs in it either. This isn't a Blocking problem, but every update installs cvs again.

2) The ssmtp I removed because it was blocking sendmail. When I try to emerge sendmail ssmtp is on top of the list and I stll have blocking. See the --pretend below. The sendmail program doesn't show up in the /var/lib/portage/world either.

jenny etc # emerge -p sendmail

Calculating dependencies... done!
[ebuild  N    ] mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61-r2  USE="ipv6 ssl -mailwrapper -md5sum"
[ebuild  N    ] mail-filter/procmail-3.22-r7  USE="-mbox (-selinux)"
[ebuild N ] mail-mta/sendmail-8.14.0 USE="ipv6 ssl tcpd -ldap -mailwrapper -mbox -nis -sasl -sockets"
[blocks B     ] mail-mta/sendmail (is blocking mail-mta/ssmtp-2.61-r2)
[blocks B     ] mail-mta/ssmtp (is blocking mail-mta/sendmail-8.14.0)
jenny etc #

Any idea?

Thanks,

Dave