On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 16:40:05 +0100 (BST), Paul Sobey wrote:

> (K)ubuntu use NetworkManager. For what it's worth, I also use this on my
> laptop, and it works very well, particularly when you're joining a lot
> of unknown networks, e.g. wandering into coffee shops etc.. It only
> serves as a front end to wpa_supplicant though, so if your machine
> isn't working with that, you may still have troubles.

True, but it means you don't have to set up wpa_supplicant.conf.

> KNetworkManager is hard masked in portage btw.

No it's not, it is keyword masked. You can install it by adding
kde-misc/knetworkmanager to /etc/portage/package.keywords.

--
Neil Bothwick

JPEG (JPG)
 Joint Photographic Experts Group. The original name of the
 committee that designed the eponymous standard image compression
 algorithm. Abbreviated to JPG by PPL WHO CNT TYP or WSE PCS ARE BKN.