On 2008-06-17, Platoali <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does this mean that AMD have not released 3d parts of the drivers? Do
> they plan to release the 3d parts?

AMD hasn't release _any_ parts of the drivers, and they have no
plans to do so.

> Although all tests have been run on windows. It seems that Ati have
> better hardware and it is also going to be more open source friendly
> in near future.

IMO, it's going to be a long time before there are usable
open-source ATI driver.

> I'm planning to use this workstation for 3 or 4 years or even
> more.

If I were you, I wouldn't plan on having decent ATI drivers in
3 or 4 years.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I've got a COUSIN
                                  at               who works in the GARMENT