On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 4:17 PM, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Jun 2008 12:39:12 -0700, Kevin O'Gorman wrote:
>
> > treat Virtual Machines # emerge -at gnucash
> >
> > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
> >
> > Calculating dependencies... done!
> > [ebuild  N    ] app-office/gnucash-2.2.3  USE="quotes -chipcard -debug
> > -hbci -ofx"
> > [ebuild  N    ]  app-doc/gnucash-docs-2.2.0
> > [ebuild  N    ]   gnome-extra/yelp-2.20.0  USE="-beagle -debug
> > -xulrunner" [ebuild  N    ]    www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0.0.14
> > USE="gnome ipv6 java
>
> yelp is pulling in firefox because you do not have xulrunner in USE.
> firefox-bin is no use, the program needs the header files for either
> firefox or xulrunner. The current recommendation is to use xulrunner
> instead of firefox in this situation, and in your USE flags.

This makes sense,  but I thought I already had that covered.  Here are the
two USE lines in my
/etc/make.conf -- note the last few entries in the main one.

USE="Xaw3d aim apache2 apm bash-completion bcmath -bluetooth calendar caps
cscope ctype dbm exif fastcgi foomaticdb gphoto2 guile icq imap imlib java
joystick libwww mailwrapper mbox mcal mime mmap mmx motif mpi mysql nis
nsplugin odbc offensive openal oscar pic posix postgres ppds ruby samba snmp
sockets sse ssl svga symlink sysvipc tetex usb xpm xulrunner yahoo -firefox
-seamonkey"
USE="$USE tk"           # Mostly so that python supports fetchmailconf

I'll try explicitly tweaking the yelp USE flags, but it looks to me like
some weirdness...

++ kevin

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD