Hi list!

I've got a little question.  Here I've got a PC with two 40GB hard
disks, a CD-burner and a DVD-burner, all PATA. Now I'm running out of
disk space and I'm thinking about ways to increase it:

1. I could replace the older 40GB disk with a new model but I'd hate to
trash it because it's working alright.

2. I could replace the really old and rather useless CD-burner with a
disk. However, that would mean I'd have to attach the DVD-burner and
one of the disks to the same controller. Now I'm asking myself (and
you ;) ) how that would affect performance. Would it cause problems
when both devices exchange data, for example when burning or ripping a
DVD? Could I still watch a DVD while, for example, making a backup to
or from that HDD?

Thanks in advance!

Florian Philipp