On Saturday 28 June 2008, David Harel wrote:
> Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > On Friday 27 June 2008, David Harel wrote:
> >> Hi all,
> >>
> >> vmplayer broke again. I guess my last update had to do with gtk
> >> but
> >
> > Have you had a kernel upgrade recently and if so, did you update
> > the vmware modules before rebooting and using vmware again?
>
> Although I upgraded my kernel recently, defenetly I had vmplayer
> working after reinstall of vmplayer. Only after further upgrades of
> other packages I had the problem. List of upgraded modules:
>
> http://imagebin.org/21704

Once upon a time long long ago, I needed this in package.use:

> --# This is required for vmware-player
dev-cpp/gtkmm accessibility

I haven't used vmware-player for ages, so it's pure luck that the entry
is still there on my machine. I don't recall exact details, but I think
not having that entry caused major gtk issues.

hth

--
Alan McKinnon
alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com