on 06/27/2008 12:36 PM Zhang Le said the following:
On 13:18 Thu 26 Jun     , Alan McKinnon wrote:
That info is still a bit skimpy though. Is there anything more somewhere? And what about FEATURES=preserve-libs, is that documented somewhere?

All you need to do is to run 'emerge @preserved-rebuild' when you are reminded
to.
If you want to know the background, take a look:
http://r0bertz.blogspot.com/2008/06/portage-22-preserve-libs-features.html

Thanks for the pointer.

I do have one additional question: What happens when a build in 'emerge @preserve-rebuild' fails?

I'm assuming that 'emerge @preserve-rebuild' does something extra beyond a regular emerge, so I can't just 'emerge --skipfirst --resume'. If it only removes the listed, preserved libraries in addition to the emerge, then I can fix things up by hand by deleting the named libraries.

--- Vladimir

--
Vladimir G. Ivanovic