For reasons discussed elsewhere, I've got to get serious about spam.  But my
first 3 attempts to emerge spamassassin have failed. (on x86).

For one thing, there's a detection process near the beginning that is
failing to detect Perl modules that are actually present, and from portage
not CPAN.
First it was Digest-SHA1.  Re-emerging it fixed that, so maybe there was
bitrot somewhere.  But now it's doing the same thing with Mail::DKIM, but
that's fortunately not a show-stopper like SHA1, but it's still worrisome.

Now the show-stopper is some access violations that make no sense to me.  It
says it could not 'mkdir /usr/share/spamassassin', but I could do it
from the command line (as root).  Having done it, it still complained but
proceeded to report an access violation on an attempt to 'chmod 0644
something'.
I could also do that one from the command-line.  Grrrr.

Has anyone seen this, and know of a workaround?

--
Kevin O'Gorman, PhD