Am Donnerstag, 10. Juli 2008 schrieb ext Dale:

> Thought I would move this problem to a new thread.  It may not be
> related to the DVD itself.  This is what I am currently testing.  I used
> Kbackup to create a tarball in my /backup directory.  I have the most
> basic setup for Kbackup at the moment.  It creates the tarball but does
> not compress the files themselves but creates a .tar file.  I think it
> takes the files, places it in the tarball then compresses it or
> something.  I'm not real sure how Kbackup does its thing.  I have it set
> to create tarballs and the limit is 4.4Gbs.  I set it just short of a
> full 4.7Gb.

Hmm, never tried it myself so I don't know wether it works or not, but what
about enabling CONFIG_CDROM_PKTCDVD in the kernel and let tar write to the
device directly?

Like:

modprobe pktcdvd
pktsetup backup /dev/cdrom
tar -cMvf /dev/pktcdvd/backup myfiles # Change disc when prompted
pktsetup -d backup
rmmod pktcdvd

Bye...

        Dirk
--
Dirk Heinrichs          | Tel:  +49 (0)162 234 3408
Configuration Manager   | Fax:  +49 (0)211 47068 111