Grant <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Does anyone know of a tool that will provide info on audio CD
> pre-gaps?  I've read that cdrdao-utility will do it, but that doesn't
> seem to arrive with Gentoo cdrdao and I don't see a separate package
> for it.  It looks like 'cdparanoia -Q' should do it, but it outputs
> "pre no" regardless of the pre-gap.

See the cdrecord/cddda2wav man pages and examples sections...

    To copy an audio CD in the most accurate way, first run

         cdda2wav -vall cddb=0 -B -Owav

     and then run

         cdrecord -v -dao -useinfo -text  *.wav

if you like paranoia support, add -paranoia to the cdda2wav options.

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)