Dale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> mkisofs
> -----------------------
> /usr/bin/mkisofs: Warning: Cannot write inode/link information with
> -no-cache-inodes.
> /usr/bin/mkisofs: Warning: Cannot write inode/link information with
> -no-cache-inodes.
> 949463
> /usr/bin/mkisofs: Warning: Cannot write inode/link information with
> -no-cache-inodes.
> Setting input-charset to 'ISO-8859-1' from locale.
>   0.05% done, estimate finish Mon Jul 14 17:09:09 2008

If you explicitly tell mkisofs to do something unreasonable, you should be
prepared for any results.

Using -no-cache-inodes is a really bad idea!

With -praft-points, you may cause many strange things.

2.01.01a34 is nearly a year old, you should use a recent version.

In general, the k3b command line does not look reasonable.

When using -udf instead of -UDF, it should be impossible to get file/dir
permissions that differ from the default values.

If you are not able to make the problem reproducable at my side, I have no idea
how to help.

Did you try to mount the DVD on Solaris and this way verify that the problem is
not in the Linux kernel?

Jörg

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (uni)