Sebastian Günther wrote:
* Andrew Tchernoivanov ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [15.07.08 01:41]:
Are the characters on the screen readable?  I had this problem too, along
with the black grub screen. If they aren't - try adding vga=0x31B to your
grub.conf

Why should that help with grub? Did not found any hint, that ther is a grub option called like that.

There is a *kernel* option, called like that, but that won't help with the grub issue.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Sebastian

So what is the solution to making grub visible again? I remember when it changed, I didn't understand the message displayed and I still don't know the fix.

Running emerge --config grub doesn't work.

Is it as simple as changing the path of the splash image to /usr/share/grub/ and running grub-install?

Thanks,
Dave