I'm using emacs.22.1 and it's having trouble displaying asian
languages, specifically chinese and korean.

From the menus, using Options//Mule//ShowMultiLingualText, displays
Japanese correctly but shows boxes for Chinese and Korean characters.

Similarly, I've got a HelloWorld.java program that displays "Hello
World" in English, Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. This file displays
perfectly using Eclipse.  Emacs displays the japanese characters
without any problem.  4 of the 5 chinese characters are displayed
properly, with the 5th showing as a box.  All 8 korean characters show
up as boxes.

FWIW, the strings show up properly in my mail reader (Claws-Mail).  The
strings are:

Can anybody identfy what's wrong and point me toward a solution?

Thanks.

David