on 07/19/2008 02:28 AM Volker Armin Hemmann said the following:
On Samstag, 19. Juli 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
Hi all,

revdep-rebuild now runs amazingly fast on my machine - 18 seconds as
opposed to the 5 minutes or so it used to take !

I see gentoolkit was updated recently. Is this expected behaviour?

or you are a victim of that new preserved-libs stuff in portage ....

s/victim/beneficiary/

"That preserved-lib stuff" has worked just fine for me. It's useful to know what needs to be rebuilt, then to be able to rebuild just those packages.

--- Vladimir

--
Vladimir G. Ivanovic