Emil Beinroth wrote:
my texlive setup works well with the tetex useflags enabled, since the
packages I encountered all depend upon a virtual that is provided by
both tetex and texlive.

So I would suggest setting tetex and latex - and if blocks do come up,
you can still disable the flag without problems.

Thanks for the info. I've set it up that way before emerging texlive and no problems so far (having a fun time discussing math in chat with the latex module in Kopete :P)

PS: Nikos, sorry for the duplicated mail.

I only received it once.  I'm accessing this list through GMane ;)