Etaoin Shrdlu ha scritto:
 > From what I know, "blocked" is the same as "sleeping", ie waiting for
something to happen. Tasks that have completed their time slice and are forced by the scheduler to stop, are not "sleeping"; they are re-inserted in the queue of the runnable processes, and the scheduler picks them up again from there when another time slice is assigned to them. These processes are in the "runnable" or "ready" state.

But of course I may be wrong, so corrections welcome.

Thanks, the wikipedia article is very clear.

m.