Am Tue, 15 Jul 2008 09:05:34 -0400
schrieb Michael Pobega <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I've always had just one laptop so I've been a POP user for years now,
> but I'm finally buying a second laptop for travels (Asus Eee PC) and I
> was wondering what gentoo-user would recommend as a good way to keep
> the mail synced on both of my machines.
>
> I was looking into IMAP but I can't really figure out how it works,
> and Google doesn't offer IMAP, and I'd like to keep this e-mail
> address. Can anyone make any suggestions?

i have one notebook and a workstation. i dont use the notebook very
often because of that i use only a simple  rsync  to sync the mails
from my workstations and all dokuments in $HOME too.

rsync -avz --progress --exclude 3 $HOME/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]:$HOME
(after first $HOME slash is needed!)

i dont have problem with that anyway and did not need any other solution
in this time. i works like i want and fast.

greetings david