On Sat, 09 Aug 2008 15:25:02 +0200
"b.n." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Graham Murray ha scritto:

> >> Huh? What if I need java and moznopango ?
> >
> > What you have to do is to remove the 'firefox' USE flag from all
> > other ebuilds. You do not have to remove the use flags from the
> > mozilla-firefox ebuild.
>
> Oh, ok! I understand now.
> Why is it so?

OOo 2.4.1 depends on the Mozilla 1.8 libraries, which it can get
from either  Fx 2 or xulrunner 1.8.x.

Fx 3 uses Mozilla 1.9 libs (which are also available in
xulrunner 1.9.x).

> Will need to be done also when firefox 3 hits stable x86?

I believe the reason xulrunner is slotted is so that there's always
something that can supply dependencies.  I'm not sure what the plan is
for stabilizing Fx 3.

--
»Q«
     Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.