On 2008-08-10, Nikos Chantziaras <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>>> Is there a Linux system somewhere with a *non-GNU* userland?
>>
>> What do you mean by "non-Gnu"?
>>
>>   SW for which the FSF doesn't own the copyrights?
>>
>>   SW which is distributed under something other than one of the
>>   Gnu Public Licenses?
>
> Software that does not belong to the GNU project.  The GNU
> project is a fixed and well defined set of software.

It would then help if you could point us to that definition?
Answering a question about your terminology with "my term is
well defined" isn't very helpful.

>> The last time I did a basic FreeBSD install, it included Gnu
>> user-land stuff (e.g. gcc).
>
> Anything else besides GCC?

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but it's
been a couple years since I've had a FreeBSD system.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow! I'm sitting on my
                                  at               SPEED QUEEN ... To me,