Alan McKinnon wrote:
Hi all,
Yes, it's bleeding-edge :-) This is in an effort to get some performance out of what should be a very decent video card. It also eats babies, or more often the window decorations on konsole.

I've had a similar issue ("similar" in that it was not exclusive to konsole) and tracked it down to having the KDE_IS_PRELINKED env var set while KDE was actually *not* prelinked. So check if that's the case on your system.

PS:
Give Yakuake a try; it doesn't even need a decorator. I only recently discovered it and after using it for a few minutes I even went as far as trying to unmerge Konsole ;)