All,

I've just added a fourth disk to my Raid 5 set increasing the capacity from 1.5TB to 2.25TB. I have 4 partitions on this volume set; the fourth of which is 1.49TB which is then further subdivided using lvm2. So using fdisk I deleted partition 4 and recreated it from the same position which expanded the partition to 1.99TB. I later realised that it should have expanded to 2.24TB so I did some googling and found that you can't create a partition >2TB with fdisk. I found a page that suggested using GNU parted to create partitions of this size but it didn't mention whether this would work to expand a partition.

So basically does anyone have any experience moving from an fdisk partition table to a GNU parted partition table without losing filesystems, data, etc?

Cheers,
Dave.