On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 15:59:03 +0100, Neil Bothwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 16:54:03 +0200, Xav' wrote:
>
>> You have to know that the kernel isn't able to assemble RAID devices
>> together without the use of mdadm. So you have to use an initrd with the
>> mdadm binary to use a RAID root !
>
> Could you please keep quiet about that, my computers have been using
> RAID root devices for years without an initrd and I don't want them to
> get the idea they need one now.

Okay sorry but i wasn't aware about that... When i set up RAID, following
HowTos from both gentoo-wiki.com and gentoo.org, and nowhere there is
indications of the auto-detection and assembling by the kernel... Maybe not
the right information source ?

--
Xavier