[ 28.08.2008 16:41 ], Volker Armin Hemmann :
> Hi,
>
> I have tried to setup a software Raid1 for root (/), boot, home and var.
>
> So far, so good. Support is in kernel. The four ones are assembled:
> Personalities : [raid1]
> md3 : active raid1 sda6[0] sdb6[1]
>       421906944 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
> md2 : active raid1 sda5[0] sdb5[1]
>       19534912 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
> md1 : active raid1 sda3[0] sdb3[1]
>       39061952 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
> md0 : active raid1 sda1[0] sdb1[1]
>       64128 blocks [2/2] [UU]
>
> looks good.
>
> and in grub.conf I have this:
> title=raid
> root (hd0,0)
> kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/md1 md=1,/dev/sda3,/dev/sdb3 nopat
>
> I also created md1,2,3, in /dev.
>
> But on every single boot I get a kernel panic because rootfs is not found.
> Has
> anybody an idea why and what is going wrong?

If you are sure kernel has compiled-in modules for raid, device mappers
and others to look at the disk ..
Maybe it is type of the partition, it should be FD which means
'Linux raid autodetect' .
--
Rafał (ert16) Trójniak
[EMAIL PROTECTED] : [EMAIL PROTECTED]