Many web sites are badly designed in that that they hard-code text input
fields with a black font but inherit the background colour from your desktop,
so if you have a suitably Gothic light-on-dark colour scheme you cannot read
your input. I have solved this with KDE Konqueror by supplying a user css
page but, for those occasions when you have to use it, I want to do the same
thing with Firefox. A quick google reveals the presence of userContent.css in
your profile, so I added my rules, eg,

html->body {
  background-color: white;
  color: black;
}

input {
  background-color: #E1E7FD;
  color: black;
}

but it makes absolutely no difference. Anybody had any luck with this?

TIA
-Robin