Andrey Falko wrote:
On Mon, Oct 6, 2008 at 2:55 PM, Dan Cowsill<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  wrote:
It is possible to get a Gentoo LiveCD running happily on a USB flash
drive.  I'm currently running Ubuntu eee on my 701, but before that I
attempted a Gentoo install on it.  It is nothing short of the biggest
pain in the butt I could have imagined.  But if you like a
challenge...

Come to think of it, why wouldn't a simple:

dd if="/path/to/gentoo-livecd.iso" of=/dev/<flash drive>

not work? I think I've done the successfully with a Gentoo minimal
install CD, but I don't remember.

you can pretty much unpack any gentoo bootable live cd to a usb drive, then run grub over it, and it's bootable (on newer systems).

<shamelessplug> I hear this guy wrote a howto:

http://nthrbldyblg.blogspot.com/2008/06/gentoo-linux-live-usb-key.html </shamelessplug>

The horizon of many people is a circle with a radius of zero. They call
this their point of view.
                -- Albert Einstein