Hello!
my mail users want to define their own individual antispam rules. I've installed procmail in order to pipe messages through spamassassin but I can't get it working. This is what I've done:

1.- I created ~/.spamassassin/user_prefs with the following line (just for testing):

add_header all hello_you _TESTS_

2.- I created ~/.procmail with the following contents:

SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR=$HOME/.maildir
DEFAULT=$MAILDIR
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log

| spamassassin --prefs-file=$HOME/.spamassassin/user_prefs

# actually I had a separate rc file named spamassassin.rc with further stuff
# but I've changed it for clearness

3.- I send myself a message: procmail.log echoes its processing but my X-Spam-hello_you header is missing.

However, when I pipe an stored message by typing on the shell:

spamassassin < message_file

It returns me the message rewritten with my test header.

Piping to procmail with:

procmail < message_file

Creates another message file but without my text header.

Can anyone guess what am I doing wrong?

Thanks!