Helmut Jarausch wrote:
> On 30 Oct, András Csányi wrote:
>
>> 2008/10/30 Helmut Jarausch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a (nearly) identical Gentoo system on several machines.
>>> On all machines except one, there is a directory
>>>
>>> /usr/portage/packages/All
>>>
>>> which contains symlinks to the packages in the specific
>>> directories. This is quite comfortable when copying the
>>> most recent packages.
>>>
>>> How can I set up GenToo to create and maintain this directory?
>>>
>> If you set up in the /etc/make.conf file the FEATURES="buildpkg" the
>> portage will maintain the /usr/portage/packages/All directory
>> automatically.
>>

> Unfortunately this is not the case here.
> The packages are built but no 'All' subdirectory is created nor
> maintained.

I'm not sure you are correct in this.  I have this set up in my
make.conf and it takes care of the All/ directory on this system and has
done so for about 5 or 6 years now.  It works.  My settings:

FEATURES="buildsyspkg sandbox fixpackages "

Mine only keeps system packages but it can be set up several different ways.

Dale