On Sat, Nov 1, 2008 at 12:45 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Samstag 01 November 2008, Andrey Vul wrote:
>> I just bought a new laptop:
>> http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=019626&cid=8
>>96.645 Which packages should I emerge (and run) as a burn-in test?
>> Note: I will run the burn-in off either a stock or custom-mastered
>> Gentoo LiveDVD.
>> If the disc needs custm mastering, please outline the steps required.
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> use systemrescuecd (a gentoo based livecd - incredible good one), and start
> cpuburn once for every cores. burnK7 on an amd k7 or k8 system,, burnP6 on a
> p4,core,core2 system.

No GPU testing :( unless mprime/gpuburn can work in GPGPU mode.

Meh, I'll just get a pirated copy of Passmark BurnInTest off of
piratebay/rapidshare.
It runs on vista, so I don't have to spend time nLiting a XP cd (or
installing wine in a chroot and remaster the livecd). Hopefully it
won't be as ssssssssssssssslllllllllllloooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww
as vista.

--
Andrey Vul

A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.