Am Mittwoch, 5. November 2008 19:08:23 schrieb Denis:
> This probably was already discussed at length...  But I keep waiting
> for an automatic portage tree fix to this...  Any idea if there will
> be a fix, or will I need to take care of this manually?  (Intel Core
> Duo 32-bit system, FYI).

emerge -f e2fsprogs e2fsprogs-libs # wget won't work w/o com_err , so you need
to fetch first.
emerge -C com_err ss
emerge e2fsprogs

or, simpler with paludis:

paludis -i --dl-blocks discard e2fsprogs

If the block still exists after you unmerged com_err and ss, use emerge with -
t to find out which package still wants them end re-emerge this first.

HTH...

        Dirk