On Sunday 09 November 2008 08:13:41 Alan McKinnon wrote:
> On Sunday 09 November 2008 06:04:02 Dale wrote:
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is there a way to list the package, which depend on
> > > a given (known) package (in my case a library)?
> > >
> > > Kind regards,
> > >  Meino Cramer
> >
> > If I understand correctly, equery depends <package name> .  That's if I
> > understand correctly.  If you don't have it, emerge gentoolkit.
>
> Just be aware that equery depends is somewhat broken
>
> It lists dependencies in the tree, not dependencies a specific machine is
> using. Plus it doesn't find some valid deps either.
>
> It's still useful, but the user also has to use eix to determine which deps
> are valid for them and which are not.

well , what about dep?

from dep manpage

         -l, --depends      (default) List dependencies of PACKAGE
         -L, --rev-depends  List reverse dependencies of PACKAGE

show try dep -l amarok and you will get amarok dependencies .
Or try dep -L amarok and you will get the packages that depend on amarok

Sorry If I understand your question wrong

--
Markos Chandras