Iain Buchanan schrieb:
Hi,

I can't live without my touchpad extentions (scrolling, tap to click, etc). All provided somehow by the synaptics driver, but I've never really looked into how.

Recently I noticed it stopped working but I don't know what I've changed as I've been docked for so long with a usb mouse.

Probably the new evdev-driver overrides synaptics. If you do not need evdev and can live with the normal drivers like kbd for keyboard and synaptics, you can try to disable it. There are various ways for doing it (google it), I recommend:

echo "x11-apps/xinit -hal" >> /etc/portage/package,use
remove evdev from /etc/make.conf INPUT_DEVICES
emerge -avC x11-drivers/xf86-input-evdev
emerge -av1 x11-base/xorg-server x11-apps/xinit

Restart x-server/xdm/whatever.