On Sat, 29 Nov 2008 11:19:47 +0200, Daniel Iliev wrote:

> Personally I think NTFS is one of the things MS have done right. It is
> fast, stable and has the features of the Linux FSes and even more. It
> has journal, quotas, permissions, mount points, symbolic links. Does
> any of ext, reiserfs or xfs have compression and/or encryption
> capabilities? I don't think so.

No, and nor should they. Each filesystem implementing its own encryption
layer would be a nightmare. A separate encryption layer on which you
create any filesystem you like is much more sensible.

--
Neil Bothwick

COBOL: (n.) an old computer language, designed to be read and not
       run. Unfortunately, it is often run anyway.